The username you created during registration is required to login to the Second Life® virtual world. If you forget your username, you can retrieve it:
- From your welcome email
- From the Second Life website
|If you forgot which email address you used when you registered, you can find out on the Contact Information page on your dashboard. You must have either your username or email address to recover your account credentials.|
Retrieve your name from your welcome email
When you register your account, you provided an email address to associate with your account. A welcome email containing the Second Life username you created upon registration was sent to this address. To locate the email:
- Log into your email account and search your archives for "second life".
- Look for an email with your username in the subject line: "Welcome to Second Life, YOUR NAME!"
Retrieve your name from the Second Life website
|If you registered multiple Second Life accounts with the same email address, you will be able to retrieve the username of only your first account. This is a known system limitation. Before you ever have to use this form, write down your usernames somewhere you'll remember!|
- Click Login on the Second Life website.
- Click Forgot your login information?
- Under Forgot Your Name? enter your email address.
- Click Forgot Account Name.
Your Second Life name will be sent to you shortly.
Don't see what you need here? Check out our Knowledge Base for more in depth articles!