The username you created during registration is required to login to the Second Life® virtual world. If you forget your username, you can retrieve it:
- From your welcome email
- From the Second Life website
Note: If you forgot which email address you used when you registered, you can find out on the Contact Information page. You must have either your username or email address to recover your account credentials.
Retrieve your name from your welcome email
You provided an email address to register your account. A welcome email containing the Second Life username you created was sent to this address. To locate the email:
- Log into your email account and search your archives for "second life".
- Look for an email with your username in the subject line: "Welcome to Second Life, YOUR NAME!"
Retrieve your name from the Second Life website
Warning: If you registered multiple Second Life accounts with the same email address, you will be able to retrieve the username of only your first account. This is a known system limitation. Before you ever have to use this form, write down your usernames somewhere you'll remember!
- Click Login on the Second Life website.
- Click Forgot your login information?
- Under Forgot Your Name? enter your email address.
- Click Forgot Account Name.
Your Second Life name will be sent to you shortly.
Don't see what you need here? Please visit our Knowledge Base for a more comprehensive list of Support topics!