In order to access the Beta Grid (Aditi) for the first time, you will need to request access from Support. To do so, please submit a support ticket using the Submit A Ticket button on the top right of your page.
- For the Issue Type dropdown, select Account Issue
- For the Account Issue dropdown, select Viewer Login Issues or Web Login Issues if Viewer Login Issues isn't available (either option will work fine!)
- Give us the name of the Second Life account you'd like to have copied to the Beta Grid
- Please state that you'd like beta grid or Aditi access in the Please describe the issue section.
Alternatively, if you have a Premium or Premium Plus membership, you may request access via Live Chat any day during operating hours.
|Be sure to submit a ticket to request that your avatar be copied to the Beta Grid any time you need to update your password or inventory on Aditi, as content and passwords are not necessarily automatically updated.|
Once you have been granted access, please ensure you have enabled your preferences to show grid selection on the login page. You can enable this from the log in scree, or while logged in world:
- In your viewer menu, select Me > Preferences (Ctrl+P).
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Check Show Grid Selection at login, and click OK.
- On the login screen, there will now be a drop down underneath the dialog box that normally says My Home or Last Location. Select Second Life Beta Test Grid (Aditi).
The very first time that you log in to the beta grid, you will want to log in using the official Second Life viewer. Once you've logged in once you can return to the viewer of your choice. The official Second Life viewer can be downloaded here.
- Enter your username and password, and click Log In.
If you receive an error, please reach out to support to let us know. Some common reasons for errors:
- Incorrect Username/Password error
If you have updated your password recently, your account will need to be synched with the beta grid. Please contact support and we will be happy to do so for you!
- Unable to connect to simulator error
The beta grid, Aditi, has a much smaller list of regions that exist on this grid. You may need to try logging into a region by name. You can do this by entering the region name directly on the login screen where you normally see My Home or Last Location. Some reliable locations include Morris and Sandbox Wanderton.
For more information, see our Resident run Wiki page: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid
Don't see what you need here? Check out our Knowledge Base for more in depth articles!