There are a few reasons why our Residents may receive email notifications. If you find that you are receiving too many and would like to stop email notifications, please take the following steps!
IMs to email
- Log into secondlife.com.
- On the left side, select Account.
- In the menu that drops down, select Change Email Address.
- Deselect the IM to email option, and be sure to save your preferences
- You may also wish to select Unsubscribed in the Change Email Subscription Settings subheading.
- In the viewer, choose Communicate > Groups or right-click on your avatar and choose My Groups.
- In the PEOPLE / MY GROUPS window, select the desired group.
- Click Group Profile or mouse over the group name and click profile icon.
- Once the group profile window opens, in the General tab, deselect Receive Group Notices.
You may also choose to leave the group, which should halt the group notice emails. If neither of these works, you may want to reach out to the group owner to request that they remove you from their email list.
Notifications from the Second Life Marketplace
- Visit http://marketplace.secondlife.com.
- If you are not already signed in, click Sign in in the top right corner of the page.
- Click My Marketplace at the top of the page, then select My account from the dropdown menu.
- Click Email settings on the left side of the My account page.
- On the Email settings page, under Shopping Notifications, click On or Off next to each type of email notification to set your notification preference.
Don't see what you need here? Please visit our Knowledge Base for a more comprehensive list of Support topics!