Some of us prefer to keep our Profile Feed out of the Second Life in world search. If this applies to you, you may do so in the official Second Life viewer using one of the following methods:
- In the viewer's menu at the top, select Me >Preferences.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Uncheck "Show my profile info in the Search results."
- In the viewer's menu at the top select Me > Profile.
- On the default tab, the BIO tab, select Hide in the Show my profile in search dropdown on the left hand side.
- Log into my.secondlife.com.
- In the menu to the left, please select Settings.
Once in the settings window, select the Privacy tab at the top.
In the Privacy tab, please change your Feed setting to either Friends or Nobody. While there are multiple setting options on this page, the Feed setting handles your profile overall.
This will remove you from the Second Life search for anyone who is not already your friend, or for everyone depending on which setting you choose.
|This change will remove you from Second Life's in world search; however, it will not remove your profile from external search engines. Even though the settings may hide the profile itself when visited, the profile will still exist in search engine results.|
Don't see what you need here? Check out our Knowledge Base for more articles on Second Life!