If a mainland region seems to be struggling, you may request the region to be restarted in three ways:
- Boxy 5000: Anyone can restart a mainland region using our chat bot, Boxy 5000. This can be done by logging into our support portal with your Second Life account, and clicking the blue bubble on the bottom right of the page. Simply state Region Restart, and Boxy 5000 will guide you to restarting the region. Please note that a region can be restarted this way only once per 24 hours.
- Live Chat: If you are a Premium or Premium Plus member, and it is between our support hours of 6 AM SLT/PST and 2 PM SLT/PST, you may request a mainland region to be restarted via Live Chat.
- Submit a support ticket: You may request a mainland region be restarted via a support ticket of the type Land & Region, and choose Offline Region from the second dropdown.
Please note: Mainland is owned and managed by Linden Lab. We reserve the right to deny a restart request for any reason.
Private Region Restarts
You can restart a private region in a few ways:
- In-world: While located on the region, it can be restarted with a 2 minute warning as follows-
- In the menu at the top, select World > Region/Estate.
- Select the Debug tab.
- Click the Restart Region button. This will begin the 2 minute count down.
- Land Manager: From secondlife.com, you can restart the region with a 2 minute warning as follows-
- In the left-hand menu, under you username, click Land Manager.
- In the menu that drops down, choose My Regions.
- Click the estate name that the desired region is in.
- To the far right of the region name, click the Restart button, or the Safe Mode button.
Please note: Safe Mode restarts the region with scripts, physics, and collisions disabled.
- Click OK to confirm the restart and begin the 2 minute countdown. You can watch the progress of your restart from this page. There is a 3 minute cool down period before you may request another restart.
- Live Chat: If you are a Premium or Premium Plus member who is the Estate Owner or Estate Manager of the region, and it is between our support hours of 6 AM SLT/PST and 2 PM SLT/PST, you may request a private region to be restarted via Live Chat.
Please note: All of these options are limited to the ability of the Estate Owner and Estate Managers only. If you are a tenant or guest of a private region that may need a restart, please reach out to someone in one of these roles to request the region to be restarted.