Renting a region for a special event
Got a plan for a large event and need a temporary place to have it? Linden Lab offers temporary Full Region rentals. Rental amounts are to be paid in full at the beginning of the rental period.
Land rental rates are different depending on whether you want to rent Private Regions or space on the mainland.
- Private Regions are US$50 per region per day.
- Mainland regions are L$4,000 per region per day.
|Note: You must have a premium account to rent mainland regions. You can rent a Private Region with any account type.|
- Reservations must be made 2 weeks in advance and are on a first-come first-served basis.
- Residents must include a full description of the event when applying.
- Minimal rental period is 3 days.
- Residents are allowed to terraform the land and do not incur tier fees for temporary ownership of the land.
- Residents cannot transfer the land during the rental period.
- The original state of the regions will be saved immediately before the rental period. At the conclusion of the rental period, the regions will be restored.
If you're interested in renting, please submit a Land and Region Issues ticket with the Region Request field set to Region Rental from our Support page.
Additional information you'll need to submit includes:
- The number of regions you want
- Rental start and end dates
- Whether or not you need to be able to terraform the regions
- A full description of your event
Invoicing for special orders
If you are an educator, non-profits organization, Resident under 18 years old or a business entities that requires a formal invoice, then place your order for private regions with the Special Island Order Form.
Use the special order form under these conditions:
- Orders for eligible educational institution or not-for-profit. There is an educational discount available, and your status as an educator or non-profit does require verification.
- For all under 18 Resident, non-Linden Home, land orders (requires parental/guardian approval if under 18). Note: users under the age of 18 cannot purchase Linden Homes.
- Any order requiring an invoice (payments by wire transfer, check or credit card). Specifically for business entities requiring a formal invoice/receipt or PO# type process. PO# not required at the time of ordering.
If your purchase does not fall into these categories, then place your order at the Land Store.
Where to get an invoice
You need to provide the following information to use the invoicing option. Please read the guidelines below carefully. If your questions are not answered by this document, please submit a Support ticket to request explanation (include "Education" in the ticket summary).
||Note: Second Life cannot provide invoicing option to Individuals, including educational professionals who wish to purchase a region for personal use or developers who wish to purchase a region for an institution.|
Approval and Private Region delivery
Submitting an order does not obligate you to pay immediately; payment is made once the Private Region has been delivered and the invoice sent.
- When you place the order, you receive a sales order confirmation. This is merely an order confirmation, not a notice of delivery.
- Once you place the order, your order enters the approval queue.
- Once the order is approved, you receive an approval email and your order is placed in the delivery queue.
- After approval, delivery time under normal circumstances is 10-15 business days.
You cannot make a payment until you receive an invoice, which you then have 30 days to pay. Invoices for maintenance are emailed when the payment schedule is ready for renewal.
|Warning: Late payment may result in the closure of your Private Region and the loss of any inventory it contains.|
You have access to your account in Netsuite (Second Life's special orders system) through the special ordering website.
||Note: Netsuite is a different website than secondlife.com.|
In your Netsuite account, you will be able to:
- View your sales order.
- Add your credit card information.
- Pay your invoice with a credit card.
You may pay via check, credit card or wire transfer. We neither accept Paypal nor use funds from your Second Life account to pay for your invoiced Private Region order.
||Note: Currently, VAT is not added to our invoiced orders, but we will inform you if this changes. Find out more about VAT and Second Life in Account balance.|
See Account balance for more information on paying by wire transfer. You must pay your bank's wiring charges, which are added to your invoice total. Be sure to reference your invoice number in the wire details.
To pay by credit card:
- Log into your Netsuite account. You are directed to menu options.
- Select Make a Payment. All outstanding invoices appear.
- Move to the bottom of the page, where you may add your credit card information for payment of the invoices you select.
||Note: The list of outstanding invoices is not the sales order document.|
Check or Bank Draft
Please submit a check or bank draft to:
Linden Research Inc
PO Box 39000
San Francisco CA 94111
Those who use Purchase Order numbers should send us the required vendor forms for completion. We will add the PO# to the invoice as soon as we receive it.
Other useful information:
- Federal Tax ID#: 94-3364615
- VAT #: EU826011179