Guidelines for naming Private Regions
Follow these guidelines when naming your Private Region (island) or estate.
Private Region or estate names:
- Must not already be in use.
- Must be more than 2, but less than 26 characters (spaces count).
- Must contain three words or less.
- Must use only alphanumeric characters (no punctuation).
- Must not be the name of a real life city (however "New York Island" or "Los Angeles City" are fine).
- Cannot include SL, Linden, Linden Lab, Second Life etc in the name.
- Must comply with General maturity rating guidelines.
Do not use the following as a Private Region name or estate name:
- The name of another person to the extent that it may cause deception or confusion.
- A name which violates any trademark right, copyright, or other proprietary right.
- A name which may mislead other users to believe you to be an employee of Linden Lab.
- A name which Linden Lab deems in its discretion to be vulgar or otherwise offensive (obscenities in any language and however spelled; language that is racist, sexist or otherwise derogatory in nature).
Linden Lab reserves the right to change Private Region and estate names as we see fit.