Your account may have been compromised if:
- You can't access your account.
- You suddenly notice a reduced available balance on the payment source you have on file.
If this happens, contact us immediately!
Here's what to do:
- Go to the Second Life Help page and log in if you can. If you can't access your account, use the Forgot your login information? link on the right to recover your username and reset your password. Then log in.
- On the Second Life Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
- On the next page, click Submit a a Support Case form.
- Under Issue Type, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
- Under Account Issue, select Account Compromised.
- Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
- Click Submit.
- Check your email for your case number.
- Call our fraud number: 800-860-6990.
Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once we have concluded the investigation, we'll send you an email explaining our conclusion and the action we will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.
Tip: Even if you are able to log into your account, we recommend that you change your password immediately to something secure and unique. Changing your password regularly is one good way to protect the safety of your account. For information on how to change your password, see the How to change your password section of the original Knowledge Base Article.
Don't see what you need here? Please visit our Knowledge Base for a more comprehensive list of Support topics!